As a teacher-led and family–run business, Learning Performance provides schools with unique and innovative study skills, resilience and literacy and numeracy programmes to help raise achievement and inspire a love of learning.
In 1992, Heather and Roger Starbuck, wanted to make learning easier for their son who struggled at school. They combined scientific evidence on how the brain learns and their experience as teachers, to create cutting – edge study skills workshops.
Nearly 25 years later Learning Performance continues to be a family-run business with Carrie Starbuck, a former teacher and political advisor, as Managing Director.
To learn more about Carrie and why we started, watch our video!
As a teacher-led and family-run business our strong values are at the core of what we do and they continue to drive us forward year after year.
- We believe all children can achieve, no matter their social economic background
- We believe in a personal and holistic approach to raising achievement and aspirations
- We believe in the power of creativity and imagination to make learning easier
- We believe in family; trust, respect, honesty and unwavering support. Our HQ staff, presenter team and our schools are all part of the Learning Performance family
Our Vision is to work with all schools in the UK to raise achievement and inspire a love of learning. By 2020 we will:
- Collaborate and support schools to raise achievement and aspirations
- Encourage and advocate a research-led approach to teaching and Learning Performance
- Embed metacognition into the learning culture of schools
- Develop successful, independent and resilient learners